Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Yeah I can do this


Once upon a time, I was given homework to create a tour book to draw sightseers around the world to The South Bronx. Rich and middle-class students stared at me while the teacher turned white and nearly fainted. I’m not joking.

I had a marketing problem.

Knowing that our town has been ethnic profiled, I wanted celebrities that grew up in The South Bronx on police line-ups to advertise a ballgame at Yankee Stadium.

Al Pacino is a natural for a police line-up unlike Supreme Court Justice Sonia Sotomayor but up against the wall she goes with Colin Powell and millions more because The Bronx is the only borough connected to the mainland of The United States of America.

Fun Facts II: Did you know…We, The People were written by a Founding Father who resides in The South Bronx where there is a high school named after him?

I did my tour book at the NYPL that made true a childhood dream to live life like a Great American Novel, one that reads like the science fiction of a comic book.

I also think would be a great idea to get celebrities to read books at our library


The End and here comes movie 

No comments:

Post a Comment