Thursday, May 21, 2015

"Imagination is more important than knowledge"

I lost my memories to injuries but dreams drifted back like Caspar The Friendly Ghost

I remember the so-called wasteland of Television. I saw a cowboy ride from Death Valley Days and into the South Bronx as President Ronald Reagan.

From his podium set upon rubbles of stones, he surveyed our town and promised to change the wasteland of burnt out buildings. This is where we had war games when I was a boy who wanted to be Captain America versus The Nazis.

TV was our first drug of choice that made us go where one has ever gone before…

I recall making a wish to write the Great American Novel by living life like one. Be careful for what you wish for wishes have a way of coming true in The Cyber Zone

My thanks to The New York Public Library for helping make true a boy’s dream

Book them, Dano.

 Poetfolio Copyrighted 2015 by Daniel Angel Aponte

hhtp://thegreatamericantweet.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment