Saturday, November 2, 2013


 

Why I Was Late For My Computer Appointment At The Public Library

 

The Hasidim and two of their Dominican henchmen knocked on my mother’s door. They came bearing gifts: 5,000 dollars to move to a smaller but renovated apartment on the other side of the building. My timid Puerto Rican mother called out my name as I wondered what else to report in my log on Win98. Act I: Our shabby living room with a view of the funeral parlor becomes a stage for the cyber audience to see. Jacob! Michael! Shalom! Behold a script that writes itself! What a comedy of errors!  What actors we are!

 

Come outside to the hallway. I want to talk to you in private, said Michael.

 

I keep a journal like Anne Frank, I said, as his emotionless eyes got BIG.

 

That’s life, sang Frank Sinatra on Media Player 98 from my bedroom.

 

My dream to live life like A Great American Novel came true!

 

And I did my way in The South Bronx! Thank you Moshe!!!

 

Curtains fall as Old Blue Eyes sings New York, New York.

 

And no laugh track need apply.

 

LOL

 

The Further REAL Adventures Of Captain Ame-Rican by Danny Aponte

 



 


 





 

No comments:

Post a Comment