Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Sail Away



December 31 1976, a minute away from The New Year…

Dear Future Danny,

I hope this message finds you/me in a world free from evil.

If not, let me know.

I can use a laugh.

Welcome To The Season Finale Of Tele-eclectic @dmeric@:

My Re@l Life @s @ Comic Book

Chapter 888: Parallel Parking On The Alternate Side Of The Universe

When I was a boy, I looked at an eclipse with my bare eyes in The South Bronx of burnt out buildings.

A strange thing happened afterward.

A bright light appeared in front of my bedroom window, as did a hurricane inside my room that scattered my comic books around and other objects.

I was being pulled into the light.

It was sheer force of will that prevented the little boy I was from disappearing into another dimension.

I wasn’t ready for a new reality.

This is the persistence of my memory. 

I recall being gifted with photographic memory and creativity in childhood.

I remember doctors that wanted to administer a new drug designed to dissolve a gland in the head of the little boy I was.

(As it is called in The New Millennium, was it the mysterious God Gland?)

I stared into the eyes of a doctor.

He didn’t give me the drug.

The hospital where it happened was destroyed.

The land was later converted into parking lot of sorts for The NYPD

Decades later, in the year 2015, a young American man tried to get inside the building my mother has resided in since the time of illegal break-ins at The Watergate Hotel.

 He identified himself as Mark Wilson, a reporter for The New York Post.

He wanted to interview eyewitnesses to several bright lights across the building that hovered for a few seconds before taking off at unbelievable speed.

I studied the pictures on his cell phone. The lights were familiar to the boy I was.

Mr. Wilson, I am sure you are reading this, as I am sure of scientific evidence to prove aliens have been on this gem of a planet for thousands of years.

One of the aliens is called Poverty.

Make with the mild mannered reporter thing and help change the world for the best.

I am transmitting this message from a public library in The South Bronx.

Afterward, I will go out into the street and look into the eclipse.

I wasn’t ready to leave the world when I was a boy.

I’m ready

Now

MRI of my brain by New York Radiology & conceptual art and text by

D@niel @ngel @ponte

Copyrighted 2017 My Re@l Life @s @ Comic Book


No comments:

Post a Comment